At the park
Our local parks offer designated picnic areas equipped with picnic tables, garbage bins, playgrounds, ball fields, tennis courts and restrooms. Veterans Park also boasts volleyball nets and bocce courts. Free reservations can be made by calling the Parks & Recreation Deptartment at 203-256-3191.
655 Holland Hill Road
1443 Stratfield Road
909 Reef Road
At the beach
Along Fairfield’s five miles of coastline, there are five town beaches equipped with lifeguards. Enjoy a meal on one of the picnic tables or bring a blanket and some chairs. There are few local places that are as scenic and relaxing as the Fairfield beaches. Don’t forget to share healthy bites with our seagull friends!
880 South Benson Road
323 Fairfield Beach Road
South Pine Creek Beach
1424 South Pine Creek Road
1505 Pequot Ave.
1401 Sasco Hill Road
On the lake
Lake Mohegan, 960 Morehouse Highway, is four miles inland and consists of 170 acres of open space. It is the town’s only fresh water swimming facility — complete with lifeguards, a sprinkler park and designated picnic areas (including beach front on the lake).
DJ, Marvin Parsons will have you and the kids dancing the night away at the Sand Jam Family Fun Dance on select nights at Jennings Beach. Following the dance enjoy an evening beneath the stars, watching the big Silver Screen. Check the website for outdoor movie schedules as well. Movies begin at dark (around 8:30 pm). Picnic tables and grills are available on site, and bonfires are allowed (permits are required and can be obtained free of charge through the Parks & Rec Deptartment).
Jennings Beach at sunset
Sherman Green picnics offer Peanut Butter Jam Concerts Picnic Performances for kids. Kids enjoy interactive musicals and foot stomping fun performances on the Green each Wednesday throughout the summer. Pack a picnic lunch and chairs; all shows begin at 12:30pm.
- Party Party store, located at 14 Sanford St, has plenty of functional, yet stylish picnic gear.
- ‘Miessence Buzz Free Zone’ bug spray is made from 100% organic ingredients and is sold at Whole Foods.
- Whole Foods, as well as many local restaurants, offer suitable picnic take out — so call your favorite for available options.
- Please remember to bring a trash bag and use the garbage cans at these public places.
- Enjoy all nature has to offer, including perhaps a few unexpected guests!